6th place in World Indoor Percussion A Class Finals
Congratulations to your student for helping carry on the proud and excellent tradition of the Dixie Heights High School Marching Band. As we begin a new Marching Band season each year, we are looking forward to keeping our program strong and accessible to all Dixie Height High School, Summit View and Turkeyfoot Middle School students, and as inexpensive as possible to our band student parents, grandparents and guardians. Over the years our bands have served the school as Marching Bands in regional competitions, pep bands at football and basketball games as well as winter activities including Indoor Percussion and Winter Guard; our amazing band members have won many awards, and have traveled the region and nation representing Dixie Heights High School.
To accomplish all this, the bands need an active volunteer forceŚwe need you to get involved! Please come to monthly Band Boosters meetings and volunteer your time to support band activities. Our bands have a tradition of excellence not only because of our students, staff and Director, but because generations of Dixie Heights parents, grandparents and guardians have given their time and energy.
Donĺt miss out on the fun! Please contact any Band Booster representative to learn how you can become involved. Our Band Booster meetings are held monthly during the school year and are typically located in the band room.
Come join in on "Dixie Heights Band Seasons of Fun" Events!!!!
Other Fundraising Opportunities
Just let Tammy or Shelley know if you or your family is interested in helping.
Monthly RESTAURANT NIGHTS
Eat to make money!! Throughout the year, we partner with restaurants within the Dixie Heights High School area and throughout Kenton County to host "Restaurant Nights" which allow our Band families and friends to enjoy a great meal all while supporting our band. A percentage of all purchases made during these special events is donated to the Dixie Heights Band Booster programs. This is a great way to get out and meet and mingle with the members of our Band Family in a relaxed atmosphere. Watch for announcements on our website, Facebook page, and via Twitter.
Help your Dixie Band reach our fund raising goals when you buy the groceries your family needs. Membership is free, just sign up for their Fun Funds card by clicking HERE.
Greetings, Dixie Band families,
We did this last year, and we made about $2,000. This one's easy.
Here's how it works.
1. Get a gift card from me for Remke biggs
2. Go to the store to do your shopping. Right before you ring your order at the cashier, tell the cashier you want to load money onto your gift card. Estimate how much your order is and load that amount onto your card by telling the cashier that's what you want to do. Let's say your order is about $50, for example. The cashier rings up your order, and you pay for your order with the $50 you just put on your gift card. Why do it? The band gets 4% back!
3. Get as many gift cards as you want, for example, Mr. & Mrs. each carry cards, grandparents, anybody who wants to use a gift card and support the band. If you give gift cards to people for gifts, like at the holidays, or if you pay somebody in cash, for example a cleaning lady, you can give them a gift card. We don't need the cards back. We can get new cards easily.
4. The Remke program used to be way different.
5. Remke card good at the food store, but not for Speedway. Not yet anyway.
6. Fine print: Once these cards have value, once you load money onto them, they never expire. So come and see Benita! I'm Louis' mom; I drive a white minivan. I'm in the parking lot on Monday and Tuesday nights. I'll give some of the cards to Joyce if you see her first. This is easy money...
Send any important news, questions or comments to the band Web Master firstname.lastname@example.org